Greensboro Jewish Federation
The Greensboro Jewish Federation has a $1.6 million campaign and its foundation has over $90M in assets under management. Supporting and enriching the lives of Jews locally, nationally, in Israel and worldwide, the Federation supports almost 50 organizations and initiatives. Programs funded by the Federation create life-sustaining and life-changing impact, inspiring and engaging all ages and stages of life.
The Greensboro Jewish community is rapidly growing and changing, and there is a need to enhance and build upon the rich tradition of philanthropy, community and global partnerships. We seek a professional with a proven track-record of planning, managing and executing large scale events, missions as well as corporate partnerships.
Reporting to the Director of Campaign Operations and Donor Relations, the Events and Corporate Partnership Manager is responsible for executing campaign and affinity group events, managing corporate relations, as well as supporting overseas and domestic missions.
Candidate should have the outstanding organizational and communication skills necessary to build strong and trusted relationships with staff, donors, corporate partners and volunteers. This person should have experience planning and executing events, the ability to multitask and stay focused in a fast paced and ever-changing environment, and be able to successfully implement programs that fit the mission and vision of the organization.
Programs and Events
- Design, execute and implement all Annual Campaign fundraising programs and events; including but not limited to Kickoff, Major Gifts, Women’s & Men’s events, Telethons.
- Work closely with the campaign chairs and campaign team to develop a vision for campaign fundraising events on a cyclical basis (July-June).
- Manage Affinity Groups - Maimonides, Cardozo, Ignite – working with chairs and committees to plan engagement events and develop educational opportunities for participants.
- Identify new opportunities for donor engagement – including programming for the Women’s Philanthropy Division and any other subgroups of the community.
- Create innovative programs and projects to steward and thank Federation donors and the greater Jewish community.
- Manage volunteers as needed for programs and events.
- Collaborate with the Director of Campaign Operations and Donor Relations to identify corporate partnership opportunities.
- Manage corporate partnership affairs - including solicitations, advertising and event sponsorship opportunities.
Study Missions and Conferences
- Recruit participants and serve as staff for delegations to regional, national and international conferences and missions.
- Work with mission chairs in planning, promoting and executing missions.
- Identify opportunities for mission participants to further engage with the Federation beyond the trip – including working with the Director of Campaign Operations and Donor Relations to ensure participants’ continued support of the annual campaign.
Fiscal and Operations Management
- Work closely with the Director of Campaign Operations and Donor Relations with regards to all aspects of campaign operations and donor relations.
- Prepare annual budgets and narratives for related programs with Accounting Department for Budget and Allocations committee.
- Conduct donor solicitations as needed.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in related field.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of experience in event planning, fundraising and/or corporate relations. Jewish communal service or nonprofit experience a plus.
- Proven success building and maintaining trusted relationships with key stakeholders.
- Knowledge of principles of development and philanthropy.
- Demonstrate personal qualities and skills to act as a dynamic motivator, visionary, team player and role model to volunteers and staff.
- Ability to work nights and weekends as needed.
- Knowledge of Jewish values, ethics, holidays, Israel and Global Jewry.
- Ability to set priorities and handle multiple tasks; strong organizational skills with ability to create and manage projects, program budgets and timelines.
- Personable, enthusiastic, self-motivated professional; comfortable in a fast-paced working environment, including occasional nights and weekends.
- Ability to work closely with others in a team environment, and effectively interact with all levels of management, community leaders, donors and volunteers.
- Familiarity with Salesforce CRM and MS office suite products.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $40,000.00 - $45,000.00 per year
- Bachelor's (Required)
- Events management: 2 years (Preferred)